HELP FOR TEACHERS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT OR WHO HAVE RUN INTO A SITUATION THEY HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED BEFORE.

WE ALL NEED HELP!

I taught full time for fifteen years and am now subbing so that I can finish my novel. I don't have all the answers. None of us do. In fact, even if something works great for me, there is no guarantee it will work for you.
I hope that we will give each other suggestions. I went to all the trainings I could get my principal to approve when I taught full-time. I talked to a lot of teachers. AND I just kept trying things until I found something that worked FOR ME. We can not go against our own nature. Kids can sense that and will test us.
So, don't give up. Keep on trying new things and always know that there is a place to go where you can be anonymous and speak freely.
Best of Luck to all of you. Our children deserve the best that we can offer.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Education Budget

Many of us are worried about the education budget and the future of education in CA. CA already has the largest class sizes in the country and they're talking about making them bigger!
What I want to know is what happened to all the money from the hey day when they were building all over the state and getting a windfall of taxes. Also what happened to the lottery? They got it voted in by saying it was going to support education in the state. Have the schools ever seen a dime of it? If not, can we rescind the right to gamble?
There are many questions to be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment